There are numerous reasons why you would want to buy a vase. It may be for purely aesthetic reasons, like in decorating and interior design. You might want to add centerpiece vases to your wedding or banquet. Or you might be interested in collecting vases as a hobby or for their value. Collecting antique vases can be a great investment, and if you have ever watched antique roadshow you know how exciting it is when you get antique vases appraised and find out they are worth a lot of money. Antique glass vases are also a great thing to pass down to your children, having a family heirlooms adds so much history, fun, and value to the piece.
But you should always do some research first before making an expensive purchase. Here are a couple of tips and rules you should always adhere to before purchasing.
1. Figure out what price range the collectible is in. You can find guides and manuals on this online or at your library. These are absolutely essential to insure you are not getting jerked around by the dealer.
2. If you find an antique vase that you absolutely love and are having it shipped to you, make sure you get appropriate insurance to cover any mishaps that may happen during the shipping process. There’s nothing worse than finding that perfect vase for your collection and finding it smashed upon delivery to your doorstep with no recourse.
3. I can’t say this enough DO YOUR RESEARCH! If you are buying the vase because you are in love with it’s stylish looks then it doesn’t matter quite as much, but if you are purchasing an antique vase as an investment make sure your getting exactly what you think you are getting.
4. Look those antique vases over and over. Search for any cracks, chips, or smudges. You are also looking for distinguishing marks of the artist, this can make the difference between a real antique vase and a fake.
5. If you are not completely sure about the value hire an independent appraiser that is certified in antique vase appraisals.
As long as you adhere to these simple rules you should be able to find and purchase antique vases with minimal difficulty and heartache. Just be careful, don’t rush it, and have fun.
You might also like
|Welcome to Vintage Vase Thank you for visiting vintage vase! Vintage vases are great to collect, and for the savvy collector...||Beautiful Asian Red Floor Vases We really like are large floor vases here at Vintage Vase, and this week we would like to start showcasing...||Do You Know What Your Vase Is Made Of? Today I would like to talk about the different materials that vases are made out of. Vases from around...||Clear Glass Vases Clear glass vases can be used to achieve great effects by many techniques. What’s nice about...|